Forum Discussion

ChristopherY632
Community Member
11 months ago

Captions don't copy?

So I'm working on a Spanish translation of my course. Instead of re-recording all the narration in Spanish, I'm just adding captions - subtitles, if you will.

I used a copy of the course to create the translated slides, and then I copied them back into the "master" so that there are two paths - one in English and one in Spanish. 

When I pasted the slides back into the master, none of the captions came over.  Is there another way to pull these slides into the course that will copy the captions too?  Otherwise, I guess I'm either exporting all the captions I worked on (one by one, since there's no bulk export), or re-creating them.

• Suspect it is because they are internally registered with the same ID.

There is a tool on the Windows Store Hero Prevail that will bulk export and import captions. Or it is slightly quicker to do in the media library

• But duh...somone on my team just pointed out that I can take the English slides and move them into the Spanish file since there are no captions on the English version.  It'll work this time, but man...I've learned an important lesson.