Forum Discussion

ValSevilla-4fc5
Community Member
2 days ago

Copied slide randomly stops working

I have two tracks, one for credit (guided navigation) and one as a resource (free navigation), but the slides are the same. 

The issue is on the First Day of Employment slide. I have a sliding interaction and the arrows on both sides of the slider move it and reveal layers. Everything was working fine end of day yesterday, but this morning the arrow won't move the slider. 

This exact same issue randomly popped up last week and I fixed it by copying and pasting that slide from the credit track which still works. And that worked. 

Today, I have tried the same solution 3 times. I am pasting a slide that functions correctly, but then the pasted slide doesn't function. 

The file is attached in case anyone can review it. 

Thank you in advance, 

Val Sevilla

• When a slider is added, Storyline automatically creates a number variable to track it. Slider variables are given a generic names, i.e., Slider1, Slider2, etc. Your file has multiple slider variables, but only two are used.

On slide 2.9, the slider itself is called "Slider 1." However, the variable attached to it is "Slider6." The triggers on the arrow buttons don't work, because they're changing the value of the "Slider1" variable (which tracks the slider on slide 3.7).

If you edit the triggers on slide 2.9 to adjust "Slider6," they will work. 

I also suggest that you take the time to give everything a meaningful name. Or, at least, everything associated with an interaction. Good naming conventions make it much easier to troubleshoot.