Forum Discussion

StefanieKirs743
Community Member
5 hours ago

Try Again Error

Hi everyone,

I am working on an exam that is a simulation. Consequently, it requires the slides to immediately move on as soon as the user clicks on the correct hotspot and receives credit (there isn't a "Correct" layer). 

I have some random slides where my "Try Again" layer keeps popping up when the user clicks the right answer (and I checked that the right answer is marked in Form View...). The slide only moves on AFTER the try again layer pops up.

Assuming the user clicks the correct hotspot, I want these slides to move on without the try again layer popping up. I've done this exact same thing on a previous project, and despite duplicating what's on that project, this one isn't working. 

I've tried hiding the try again layer when the user clicks the right answer, adding a variable....maybe I'm not adding the right kind of variable?

Help/advice is appreciated! Project is attached.

Nedim
    Community Member

It seems you should move the "Rectangular Hotspot" outside of the scrolling panel. Currently, clicks are being detected on the scrolling panel instead of the "Rectangular Hotspot." This means that interactions with the hotspot are not functioning correctly, which invalidates the intended response. By placing the hotspot outside the scrolling panel, it should work as expected.