Forum Discussion

RichardFergu904
Community Member
2 days ago

PowerPoint Import Errors

Hello - hopefully this will be pretty quick. I was uploading a PPT file into Storyline 360 and I received a message - "Failed to import PowerPoint.....".  After doing a little research it appears that my version of PPT is no longer compatible. My company uses Office 2016 and they just rolled out Office LTSC 2021 64-bit to install. I had my IT folks install the Office 2021 version and now I'm getting the import errors. Is Office LTSC 2021 version not compatible? If not I will have to downgrade back to Office 2016. Thank you!

• EDIT: I downgraded back to Office 2016 and now I don't get the Failed to Import error, but now it just sits there at the Reading PowerPoint project screen and never loads up the file. My Office 2016 is 32-bit but my SL360 is 64bit. Would that cause an issue?

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi RichardFergu904!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble importing PowerPoint content to Storyline!

32-bit vs 64-bit shouldn't cause this type of behavior, as both versions are supported when importing to Storyline 360. Is it possible PowerPoint is running with different security permissions than Storyline? Also, is this issue specific to one PowerPoint file, or does it occur across all PowerPoint content you're working with?

If still unsuccessful after exploring the troubleshooting steps outlined here, please connect with our team through a support case. They'd be happy to assist!