Forum Discussion

AdityaRamadhan-
Community Member
11 days ago

Text-to-speech Abruptly Stopped

Hi folks!

I recently experience an issue which the text-to-speech in my lesson is not fully played (Abruptly stopped in the middle of the sentence and did not finish until the end).

It happens when i uploaded my course from Storyline to Review 360. It was working fine when i use preview in Storyline itself.

I tried to replace all the existing text-to-speech with the new one, adjust the timeline, even remove all the trigger but the issue is still happening.

Anyone had experienced this kind of issue? 

Please advise, thanks!

• Same problem here! Moreover: I cannot insert or change text to speech since 2h 
    F1.... Meeting the SMEs end of the week😨

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hello AdityaRamadhan-,

Happy to look into this for you!

We're not seeing this issue being reported by the majority of our users so there's a possibility that the problem is isolated to your project file. Would you be willing to share a copy of it here or privately by opening a support case so we can take a closer look at what's happening? We'll delete it when we're done testing! 

Hi MirjamBanse-b26,

It looks like the basic functionality of Storyline 360's text-to-speech feature isn't working properly for you. If you're already working locally when making edits to your course,  try repairing your Storyline 360 installation to see if this fixes the problem. If the issue persists, please open a case with our support team here.

MirjamBanse-b26
        Community Member

Hi Jose, 

Thank you so much for your quick answer! Installation is fixed and works.

Another question: I couldn't find any information whether there is a critical limit for the AS-Story-file. (right now I have 90 MB). Or: do any performance issues depend on the user's device?