Forum Discussion

JenniferJack
Community Member
6 days ago

Numeric Entry equal to a specific value

Hey, all. I am working on a numeric entry activity and I am wondering if it is possible to set a numeric entry equal to a value of 150 when the user clicks on that numeric entry field. I created an i...
    4 days ago

I was able to do this, but had to resort to JavaScript. Using this method, the input box will be set to 150 if the input box current value is empty. I have included a very basic storyline file demonstrating the functionality.

initEvents = function()
    {
      const numberinput = document.querySelectorAll('input[type=text].acc-clickable');
      numberinput.forEach(function (input) {
        input.addEventListener('click', function (e) {
          console.log("click");
          if (e.target.value === "") {
            e.target.value = "150";
            e.target.dataset.dv_value = "150";
            const inputid = e.target.id.replace("acc-", "");
            const inputvisible = document.querySelector('.slide-object-textinput.shown[data-model-id="'+inputid+'"] input[type=text]');
            inputvisible.value = "150";
            inputvisible.dataset.dv_value = "150";
          }
        });
      });
    }
    setTimeout(initEvents,100);

3 days ago

Hi Jennifer,

I have attached the .story file for your review. While Sam's JavaScript solution worked for me, I used a button that changes its state when the user clicks on the numeric entry field. Depending on the button state, the numeric field is set to a value of 150. I was just thinking of an easy and simple solution that would not include JavaScript.