Forum Discussion

StefanieKirs743
Community Member
2 days ago

Text Entry On Exam

Hi Community,

I have this exam sim that I am working on. I am struggling with getting the slides to respond the way I want them to.

Disclaimer: I know that there is no "Correct" layer on these slides - that's intentional. Less clicks/popups = more authentic simulation. Also the "Try Again" layer does not have a button and disappears on its own.

Now, onto my questions🙂

1)  Slides 1 and 2 - I want the user to be able to move on to the next question when they type in the correct text. So (if you open it you'll see) the idea is for the user to submit the text entry interaction when the user clicks the green check.

My problem is that when I type in the right answer and hit submit, I still get the "Try Again" layer. 

The goal is for the user to click the green check mark and, if they typed in the right answer, they move on to the next question. If they get it wrong once, they get "Try Again", and then "Incorrect" if they get it wrong again.

2) Slide 3 -  the check mark will not allow the user to move on. I have multiple triggers indicating this is what prompts submission. What am I missing there?

Thoughts, musings, ideas?

• Slides 1 and 2:
    Make sure the acceptable answers in the Form View match the actual correct answer.

Slide 3:
    Try adding another slide after Slide 3 to see if it resolves the issue.

Nedim
    Community Member

Slides 1 and 2:
    Make sure the acceptable answers in the Form View match the actual correct answer.

Slide 3:
    Try adding another slide after Slide 3 to see if it resolves the issue.