Forum Discussion

BarbaraJacobs-1
Community Member
8 months ago

Copy and Paste not working in Storyline

Any recent issues with copy and paste?  I have been unable to consistently copy and paste in Storyline.  Sometimes it works, but not every time.  Any idea as to why this occurs? 

Thank you in advance!

• Hi BJ. Not in my experience using SL 360 and SL 360 64bit BETA. Is there any particular element that you have trouble with copying/pasting? Could it be the software is running slowly and you are attempting to copy and paste quickly when the system is low on resources?

• In my experience, copy and paste has long been suspect. If the source is external to SL, I prefer to import. If its in SL, I find Duplicate to be more reliable if you can.

• Thank you Sam and Walt for the replies.  

The issue applies to both text and images, whether external or internal.  It's been occurring over the past week or so, though inconsistently.  I am thinking it is a connectivity issue.  I've not experienced this issue before.  I am speedy on the keyboard and mouse, and I sometimes get an error there as well in other programs, so, again, I'm thinking connectivity issue. It could also be due to limited hard drive space and resources.

What do you think is the minimum free space and resources, based on your experience?

JudyNollet
      Super Hero

....  I am thinking it is a connectivity issue.  ...

Are you working over a network? If so, stop. As the Articulate staff say, your .story files should be on your local drive when you open them. You can/should back them up elsewhere. But don't open them over a network connection.

BarbaraJacobs-1
        Community Member

Yes, great point! I see we learned long ago it must be local!  Regardless, the issue occurs.  Hmmm.

• I don't have an issue with cut and paste, are you on a Mac? Have seen some issues with Macs, but not PC