Forum Discussion

CapperTheRose
Community Member
11 hours ago

Pausing on the video gets you out of sync with timeline

Hi
I have been trying to fix a problem with my couses. If you decide to pause a video on the slide instead of on player, it will go out of sync. So I have build a trigger system. 
I put a box on top of the video and if the user clicks it it wil pause or resume timeline. The only problem is that if you pause the video on the player, and then click the video on the slide to start it again, you will have to click it twice. Here comes the questions:

1. Why does Articulate create an option to lock video with timeline? So that users doesn't have to create their own indiviual soultions.
  2. Why is the pause/play button not includede in Player triggers? So users can adjust these fetures to their own use.

Please comment if you have had the same problem as me.

• I experienced the problem, but only for a very short period of time. I quickly and permanently adopted this solution. I never separate the video and slide timelines. Anytime it is necessary to play a video, it is on a separate slide (even if thge new slide looks exactly like to previous one.)

The video starts with the slide, and the learner is not permitted to stop or pause the video.  If necessary, they may stop or pause the slide. Stopping, pausing, or restarting the slide causes the same action in the video.Selected, else resume.

You are right, depending on the source of the video, it may be necessary to put a box over the video to prevent clicking it from stopping it. I personally am uninspired to provide more alternate means of controlling the video.

As to your double click problem, use the state of the box. When the video is paused by clicking on the box, it is changed to Selected state. Create a trigger to change it to Selected if some other means of stopping the video is used.  Change the triggers on the box to pause if state is Selected, else resume.