Forum Discussion

KarenScott-003a
Community Member
2 years ago

Close Captions Causing Issues

Not sure if any one else has this issue, but I'm running into an issue with my module when I add closed captions. I have the module set that when relaunching an "in progress" course, to ask the learner if they want to start from where they left off or not. When I do not have closed captions, there are no issues with the module and a learner can easily click yes or no. When I DO have closed captions added in, the module just loads and there is a continuous spinning wheel - learners are unable to click yes or no. This is happening in our LMS and in SCORM Cloud when I test it.

• Just a quick update - the support person I have been working with was able to replicate the error and it has been logged as a bug. They are doing further investigation around it.

• Just a quick update - I tried rolling back Storyline to a previous version of Storyline to see if one of the updates was causing the issue and that seems to be the case. I rolled back to the October 6 version (3.68.28887.0) and everything is working perfectly. I had created several modules and uploaded to our LMS on November 3 and everything worked fine. I needed to make some tweaks on November 11 and that's where I ran into the issues. So it seems that something in the November 7 update (3.68.28997.0) is causing the issue.

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hi Karen,

It looks like you are already working with my colleague Robert on this issue. You're case is in good hands! If you have any additional questions or clarifications, feel free to share them through the case. 

• Hi Joe!

I have not heard from Robert, but I did submit a support case yesterday since I discovered the issue was with the version of Storyline I was working in.

• Hi Karen! 

I see that you have received and responded to Robert's latest message within your support case this morning. 

Just wanted to send a note and let you know we'll continue the conversation over there. :)

Hope that you have a great weekend! 

• Hello!`  

I just submitted a discussion with the same issue (possibly).  Please include me in any correspondence!  Thanks, Deb

KarenScott-003a
      Community Member

Hi Deborah! I certainly will! I currently have a support ticket out. But issue is coming in when I have closed captions added and using the most recent version of Storyline. It isn't, however, happening when I use the modern player.

• Interesting, Karen.  Thank you.  I also submitted a ticket before I found your fix.  I rolled back the updates and that worked.  I'll need to update the material and will check on the modern player as well.

• We're happy to assist you! Glad we can investigate further. 

Thanks for looping the other community members in this thread on your support status, Karen! 

Have a nice afternoon. ☀️