Forum Discussion

NancyHampson
Community Member
3 hours ago

Menu Madness

Hello Storyline Friends 🙂,

I have been using Storyline for about six months now and there's one thing I struggle with on every project and it's my menus.  I'm attaching one here.

The requirement is that the user go in order and not be able to go out of order and that the "P" button is not available until all the audio has finished on this base layer. (Order P,E,A,R)

The buttons have to change color upon being visited when the learner comes back to select the button.  I do pretty good understanding states so this isn't a problem for me.

What I'm confused about is how to set a menu like described above.  I have probably seen 50 or more examples on how to do menus and I really struggle to understand or follow what's going on.  Most of my courses have these menu requirements and I always need help from another ID to make it happen.

Would someone possible be able to tell me if there is a way, or a standard, or an easy to understnad way to set something up like above and then explain the "why" behind the triggers.  My apologies if this is a heavy lift, but I really want to get better and faster with this software and this is a huge barrier for me.  I get there are articles and I've read some of them but I'm still not sure how to do this.

Thanks

Nancy

• Hey Nancy. I don't see anything attached. If you attach it, we can take a look and see how it's set up and what you want to do.