Forum Discussion

RajaramanS
Community Member
3 days ago

Bug: Names are read twice : Storyline version 3.91 with NVDA 12.3.1

Hi Team,

I developed the Storyline module using version 3.91.33139.0 and tested it with the NVDA 12.3.1 screen reader. The following error occurred during the check of the file:

Upon clicking the buttons, the screen reader reads their names twice :
       -> For example, if the user chooses the Tab key, the button reads 'Alzheimer's Disease Button.' If the user chooses the Down arrow key, the button reads 'Button Alzheimer's Disease.'" Then, if the user selects Enter, the button reads the button name again. I have attached the screenshot for the bug for your reference.

The button reading names again does not occur in older versions, such as 3.87 and 3.86.

Could you please check and provide a solution?

• Hello Rajaraman,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the screen reader. I understand that NVDA is rereading the button after clicking the down arrow.

I appreciate you for sharing the screenshot. Is this slide a Pick-many or Pick-one question slide? We are monitoring a similar bug involving these slide types.

You can also share your Storyline file with us here or privately by sending it along in a support case so we can examine your setup. We'll delete it when we're done.

RajaramanS
      Community Member

HI Eric,

It is a normal slide, not an interactive slide like Pick-many. On the slide, there are two buttons; when the user clicks each of them, the corresponding layer will be shown.