Forum Discussion

TatyanaMalyshev
Community Member
8 days ago

Storyline: objects on video do not play when user rewinds/fast-forwards

Hello! I'm quite new to the program, and I was wondering if anyone could help me with the following: 

I have a video in a Storyline course, and I wanted to make some text appear at certain points throughout the video.

I've got those text bits attached to cue points on the timeline (all of this on the base layer, although I tried creating separate layers for text parts too), but they only appear if a user patiently watches the video from the beginning to the respective cue point. They don't appear when the video is replayed or if the user fast-forwards through it.

This is really inconvenient for learners, and I'd like to avoid using video editor to fix it for corporate reasons. Can I somehow resolve this issue in Storyline itself?

Any advice is much appreciated, thank you!

• If the video is on the timeline then they should show, but if the play is triggered then they are unlikely to show

TatyanaMalyshev
      Community Member

Hi Phil,
      Thank you very much for your reply! Do you mean that they'll only work if the video starts automatically on some point at the timeline?

• Hi TatyanaMalyshev,

In addition to what Phil shared, I wanted to let you know that we're happy to take a closer look at your project if you need assistance! You can share it here or privately in a support case and we'll delete it from our systems once troubleshooting is complete.