Forum Discussion

JJCarter-59a8a4
Community Member
3 months ago

Videos imbedded in Rise causing webpage to become unresponsive

Hello!
I have an elearning that was working fine before but today the embedded videos are freezing then causing the web browser to become unresponsive. Sometimes the video will continue after waiting for a bit, sometimes after refreshing, and sometimes it crashes completely. This error isn't consistent either. I have tried to repeat it and the video was fine. I have tried doing nothing and it has crashed.
It is causing the tab that has the elearning loaded to crash but also all the other tabs that are open to the LMS page to crash as well. 

Videos uploaded directly to the LMS are working fine, it's just the ones embedded in Rise that are causing this crash.

We are using Cornerstone as the LMS, however, they haven't been able to find the issue yet so I thought I'd try here. 

Any suggestions are welcome!

• Hello JJ!

How interesting that the behavior is somewhat inconsistent. Have you tried testing your course in another LMS environment like SCORM cloud to see if the behavior is specific to Cornerstone?

Also, I'd recommend testing your course in another browser to see if that impacts the webpage too.

For the future, I'd recommend sending your course to us in a support case so that we can begin troubleshooting quickly and test your course on our end.