Forum Discussion

JJCarter
Community Member
7 months ago

Lightbox causing emphasis animations misfire

Hello!
I have a project where objects are emphasized when the user hovers over the object, then dragged to a hotspot and emphasized with shrink when released. This Shrink animation triggers the slide to move on to the next slide.
However, I have a help button that lightboxes a job aide if the user needs help. Once that lightbox is closed, the emphasis animations no longer work, which means the slide will be stuck.
Does anyone have a workaround or anything I should be looking for that would cause this?
Thank you so much!

JJCarter
    Community Member

Update: I removed all lightboxes and made them individual layers on the slides. All the animations were working when I preview each slide, however, when I publish or preview the whole project, the animations don't work. I am using the 2/20 version of storyline. 

• Hello J C!

We can definitely help! It's tricky to offer troubleshooting steps without seeing the file. Is it possible that you can share the .story file with us? You can share it in this discussion or privately in a support case. 

JJCarter
        Community Member

Hi Lauren!
        I actually deleted all my lightboxes and turned them into layers. It's working now!