Forum Discussion

MattBotelho
Community Member
12 months ago

Variable Not Recognized Between Scenes

Hello,

Unfortunately due to the nature of the content I can't share my slides but hoping someone may be able to share any common issues they've had working with variables between scenes.

I have a classic tile course catalog, that shows "Ready" when incomplete and "Completed" when it is complete. Each scene is a different course. 

In the final slide of a scene, I have it set to adjust the "isComplete" variable to True when the last item of the scene is completed. On the slide itself, I set an indicator to make sure the variable changes when all instances are viewed, which it does do. But then when the user clicks a button to go back to the catalog, the item in the catalog is not changing it's state to isComplete. 

As a test, I set up a toggle on the catalog that adjusts the variable back and forth. On that particular scene, the toggle and states work fine. On the scene that needs to be complete, I am also seeing the variable causing my indicator to go off, but for some reason, when going from the Scene back to the Course Catalog, it is refusing to toggle.

Any suggestions you smart folks may have experienced in the past? I have double checked a hundred times to see if variables or rules are talking to each other and causing issues but they don't seem to be.