Forum Discussion

CydWalker_mwhc
Community Member
2 days ago

Next button not changing state with variable

I know I'm missing something obvious and appreciate the input.🤔

Continue button is not changing state to normal.

Attached file with slider interaction with 4 stops to reveal 4 layers.

On base layer, set continue button to change to normal state (initial = hidden), when the ProtectInfoLayerViewed variable changes to True.

Set T/F variable on layer 4 (Protect Personal Information) to change to true when timeline begins on this layer.

Continue button not showing when Protect Personal Information layer is viewed at step 4 of slider.

Many thanks!

• Hello, the trick when it bugs is to delete the object, recreate it and reassign the triggers, that's what I did, Storyline not being an example of stability, I advise you to sometimes "break" what you have created to redo it from scratch.
    The example correction work for me, and for you?

• There is something really weird going on. I suggest you submit a case to the staff: https://access.articulate.com/support/contact

FYI: From what I can see, your trigger should work. Yet it doesn't. 

I also tried a simpler approach: adding a trigger to layer 4 that changes the Continue button to Normal when the timeline starts (that is, at the same point when the variable changes). But that didn't work either. 

Then I tried using another button to change the state of the Continue button. That only works if the button is on the base and is clicked before visiting another layer.

In other words, the layers are jinxed... 

The attached file has those buttons. You could submit this with your case. 

In the meantime, you could try creating the slide from scratch. Because sometimes the gremlins go away. 

CydWalker_mwhc
      Community Member

Thank you so much Judy! I appreciate the fast reply! Halloween must be coming early... :)

JudyNollet
        Super Hero

Spooky stuff happens throughout the year. 

Even if rebuilding the button fixed the problem, I still recommend submitting your case to the staff. It might help their engineers with ghostbusting.

Seb-Daubert
    Community Member

Hello, the trick when it bugs is to delete the object, recreate it and reassign the triggers, that's what I did, Storyline not being an example of stability, I advise you to sometimes "break" what you have created to redo it from scratch.
    The example correction work for me, and for you?

CydWalker_mwhc
      Community Member

Thank you so much Seb! I'll recreate the button and reassign triggers.