Forum Discussion

JJCarter
Community Member
7 months ago

Update deleting Emphasis Animations?

Hey all!

I'm experiencing a puzzling issue with my emphasis animation triggers in  Storyline 360.  I've noticed that when my computer goes to sleep and I return to my project, all my emphasis animations disappear. The triggers remain, but the animations are no longer assigned to the trigger, displaying the message "Emphasize x using unassigned." under my object triggers. I don't close the file I am working on and I've tried saving and locking the items after setting the animations correctly, but the issue persists once the computer goes to sleep.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or solutions to help resolve this problem.

• Years ago (probably back when the current version was Storyline 2), a Hero told me I should never leave a Storyline (SL) file open when my computer will go to sleep. Always close it, because the sleep-awake process could sometimes corrupt an open SL file. 

I have no way of knowing if that is what's causing your problem. But it certainly couldn't hurt to get in the habit of closing your SL file before you take a break. 

• Hi we actually just fixed a bug in our latest update that was released on 02/20 where emphasis animation triggers were becoming unassigned when reopening the file. If you're not on the latest version, can you try updating and see if you're still seeing the same bug? 

JJCarter
    Community Member

HI Judy!
    Thank you so much for your response. I have started saving and closing my projects now haha. I was always worried because I used to work with a software that did the opposite- it would corrupt if you saved and opened it a bunch of times so this is great information!
    Thanks so much!