Forum Discussion

MarieGrego-6c10
Community Member
4 years ago

Storyline Will Not Save Project and Keeps Crashing

I am so frustrated. I've recently switched to a new laptop that was supposed to be faster and have more space. It generally is, but apparently not with Storyline. While Storyline was slow sometimes on my last laptop, it has crashed multiple times a week for the last couple weeks all at different times/actions. Now, it won't even let me save this project. I'm afraid to turn off my laptop and lose all my work. I'm not sure why there's a memory problem. All my files are saved to OneDrive. Please help.

• Hi Marie,

Thanks for reaching out, and I'm sorry you're running into these issues saving Storyline files! I believe the key issue that is causing problems is that your files are synced or saved to OneDrive.

Working on a network or cloud-based drive can cause erratic behavior due to latency. For example, it could cause file corruption or prevent you from saving changes.

While you can save your files to OneDrive as a storage location, I'd copy them over to your desktop or local drive when editing. I'd also be wary of any file-syncing. The article below shares more!

Give that a try, and let us know if issues continue to come up!

MarieGrego-6c10
      Community Member

Thanks! I don't understand why now it's causing problems though as I've been working this way for the last 3 years now. I did just unsync it from OneDrive though and got the same response.

BeccaLevan
        Community Member

Hi Marie,

I'm so sorry you're still hitting this snag—I'm sure it's frustrating!

From here, I'd like to enlist our support engineers to help troubleshoot. Feel free to connect with my team with the link below, and someone will reach out with a next step!

CONNECT WITH A SUPPORT ENGINEER.
  • Thanks! I don't understand why now it's causing problems though as I've been working this way for the last 3 years now. I did just unsync it from OneDrive though and got the same response.

• Thanks, I just submitted a case. I tried saving to a flash drive and that still gave me the same message.

• Thanks, Marie. I can see that you are currently working directly with Cleo, so you're in great hands.