Forum Discussion

StephaneTROADEC
Community Member
3 months ago

Screen capture issue

Hi everyone, I'm facing an issue regarding screen capture and layout. When the screen capture is inserted (demo mode in my case), layout objects (such as forms, icons, slide number, slide title etc... ) disappear even if the screen capture is smaller than the slide... I've tried to apply the layout again but no success...

Has anyone a clue for this ? Thanks !

JHauglie
    Community Member

How are you generating the screen capture? What format are you saving the capture in? How are you importing that capture to Storyline? Do you have it on the top layer or the bottom layer? Are you importing it to a slide master or a regular slide?

Knowing these conditions would help to troubleshoot.

• Hi Joe, I'm generating the capture via Storyline (demo or simulation mode). I'm applying a layout (not the master) with a base layer and 3 more layers. Everything is ok with the 3 top layers but objects on the main layer are hidden...(I've also tried to check background/foreground, no success...)

JHauglie
    Community Member

You may want to try creating the slide in a different (new, separate) story. Play around with it there and see if the behavior continues. If it does not, then your issue may be with some artifact in the original story.

• Exactly the same in an other story, it seems that the screen capture covers the layout even if this capture is half the size of the slide...I'll send it to the support to see if they have an idea on that...Thanks