Forum Discussion

Articulate2-5d2
Community Member
2 years ago

New theme colours crashes Storyline

Hi.

The new colour palette selector is a great feature, but unfortunately it doesn't work for me. Once you've added around 12 colours it crashes when you try to add any more.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

• Hi Astutis 2,

Sorry to hear you're running into this issue! This does not happen on my end using the latest Storyline 360 version. Here's a screenshot of my tests:

I'm happy to help troubleshoot. We can start by checking if you're working on your local drive; working on a network drive can cause erratic behavior. If the problem still happens, try running these steps to repair Storyline.

We'd be glad to investigate further if the steps above don't help. You may share your Storyline project in a support case so our Support Engineers can take a look!

SUBMIT A SUPPORT CASE

JanetCC
    Community Member

Storyline keeps crashing for me also when trying to create a new theme. Working off my local drive.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

JanetCC
    Community Member

Hi Kelly, I tried the troubleshooting steps that Eric shared and Storyline still crashes when I try to create a new theme.

I will submit a case. Thanks!

• Hi.

I've noticed that it only happens if you try adding a lot of colours in a single go. When you start to notice it's taking awhile to load, you can close the colour selector window and re-open it and it seems to refresh the loading time or something. 

However, I've just noticed a more serious bug - gradient colours can't be changed. When you try changing the colour for stop 2 or 3, etc, it only changes the first stop. So gradients can't be used.

• Hi Astutis 2,

Thank you for sharing these additional details! I've created a support case on your behalf so we can investigate further. You should be hearing from one of our Support Engineers soon via email.