Forum Discussion

EmilyMcDonell
Community Member
3 years ago

Keyboard triggers not working on one layer

Hi! I'm updating a course in Storyline 3 for accessibility. I have a number of slides that have a "source" layer (ie references), with each reference listed in a separate textbox with both a click trigger and a keyboard trigger. The keyboard triggers work just fine on other layers with buttons and so forth, but the textbox keyboard trigger just won't work when I run it through JAWS. I'm using the latest version of Chrome, latest version of JAWS, latest version of Storyline 3. Thoughts? Slide attached. TIA!

• Hi, Emily.

Thank you for sharing your .story file!

I published your file for the web (using Storyline 3) and tested it in Chrome with JAWS open. When I tab to the marker and press the space bar, the layer opens. Tabbing to the X and pressing space, closes the layer.

Are you experiencing something different?

EmilyMcDonell
    Community Member

Hi Maria,

Yes, when I try to use the keyboard trigger, nothing happens. The click-trigger works fine. I just got a response from Articulate Support, so I'll see what they have to say. Thanks!

Emily

• Emily, what was the fix from Articulate Support?  Recently one of our team members is experiencing the same issue with JAWS.

Maria, you tested this with JAWS and it works ok?

• Thanks, Maria - I'll give that a try.  I've not had issues with it in  terms of focus order or checks with Read Aloud, so it is currently a mystery to me.  I'll let you know!