Forum Discussion

CourtneyPerogls
Community Member
6 months ago

Insert picture with a time setting

I would like to add to this closed discussion. https://community.articulate.com/discussions/articulate-storyline/default-timing-settings-when-importing-a-picture

It would be very helpful to be able to set a time when inserting an object (picture, photo, video, shape, etc) instead of the default "show until end". It can extend the timeline which then needs to be fixed manually. I can copy/paste an existing image/object on the timeline, then right-click and replace - so that the timing stays, but there isn't always an existing object.

Wondering if this has been considered for a feature.

Thanks,

Peggy

• Hello Peggy,

Thanks for reaching out!

I can confirm that we are currently tracking the demand for the ability to change the default setting 'Show until the end of the timeline' when inserting objects. I've added your voice to the feature request and I'll let you know by leaving a message here as soon as it makes it to our product roadmap!

• I would like to add my voice in agreement. "Show  until the end of the timeline" should never be the default timing, unless there is a way for the user to set a preference for whether or not they want that.  Personally I'd keep it permanently off, and set my default timing for inserted objects to be something like 2 or 3 seconds.  I'm tired of having to change this for every single inserted picture I use.

KellyAuner
      Staff

Hi Barton,

Thanks so much for your feedback! I've added your comments to this request, so we'll update this thread when we have news to share.