Forum Discussion

NikiStoyles
Community Member
5 days ago

Closed Caption issues with AI Text to Speech

Hi all 

I am loving the new AI Text to Speech voices but have found an issue with the Closed Captions. The Closed Caption placeholders are not lining up or splitting where expected. 

Image 1 is how the closed captions are displaying for the voice to text.  

Image 2 or 3 are both examples of how I would expect the captions to display, with the placeholders aligned to speech. Either of these would be acceptable. 

Is anyone else experiencing this? 

Not sure if this is a bug or an enhancement request or if I'm missing something? 

Thanks all! 

Niki Stoyles

KelleyConrad
    Community Member

I see the same thing with my closed captions. I would expect them to break at naturally stops and pauses in the audio, especially since the AI should know where those are based on the notes. I've also found some text gets left out of the captions completely - usually a phrase at the end of a sentence or a sentence near the end. I have to manually fix all the captions based on the issue you identified and the missing text.

EricSantos
      Staff

NikiStoyles KelleyConrad 

Hello Niki and Kelley,

Sorry to hear about the trouble with the closed caption synchronization. I created the attached Storyline file and tried adding AI audio with closed captions. Fortunately, the captions are synchronized with the AI audio.

Can you reproduce this issue consistently, or does it happen when using certain AI voices? What AI voice are you using? As a reference, I used the AI voice, "Roger."

If the issue persists, we can try running initial troubleshooting to isolate the problem. If you're already working on your local drive, try running these steps to fix possible installation issues

We'd be glad to investigate further as needed. You may share your Storyline project here or privately in a support case, where our Support Engineers will work with you one-on-one. We'll delete it when we're done testing.

NikiStoyles
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply and I'm glad its not just me! I'm spending more time cleaning up these closed captions than I did when I recorded using my own voice 😬 

IrisSchlabitz
      Community Member

I experienced the same issue with various AI voices that I have tried. And I had to spend some time too, to adjust the correct captions, pauses, etc. This should be fixed!