Forum Discussion

ChrisWant419
Community Member
4 months ago

inconsistent pausing when creating a single video interactive video

Hi all. I hope you can help please!

I am creating interactive videos, using a video on a single slide. The timeline pauses at various points, triggered to pause by hotpots starting and an instruction box showing (made 100% the same start time using cue points), then timeline resumes once the action is completed.

The issue is that the pause trigger does not seem to consistently stop where required. There are occasions, such as on drop downs, where the requires a quick pause. I have set these to 100th of a second.

There are approximately 60-80 hotspot pause triggers per video.

Any ideas on how I can ensure consistency on the video pausing at the correct points please?

Many thanks
Chris

• Hi Chris,

Happy to help! The slide timeline and the video timeline are two separate entities, making it challenging to sync them up in certain situations. You mentioned that your project pauses and starts at the same start time using cue points. But can you confirm if the video also starts as soon as the slide's timeline starts?

If it does and the issue persists, we'd be happy to examine your project file and how the triggers are set up within the slides. You can attach it to your reply or share it privately with our Customer Support Engineers in a support case. We'll delete it when we're done.

ChrisWant419
    Community Member

Hi Eric

Thank you for your reply.
    I can confirm that all triggers are set to the slide timeline. The video is locked on the timeline at 0 seconds.
    As it is a internal system, I am unable to share here, so will set up a support case.

Many thanks
    Chris

KellyAuner
      Staff

Hi, Chris!

I see that you’ve connected with my teammate, Darrell. You’re in great hands! We’ll continue the conversation in your support case.