Forum Discussion

iainanderson
Community Member
3 months ago

Help with menu button issue

I have a number above a square shape that I cannot edit or get to.    I know it is not part of the shape as it does not export to a picture as part of the object. If  I move the shape it comes with it. But it is not part of the shape object but has been grouped to the shape somehow.  But it can't be ungrouped by slection so it appears not to be a group  I have exhausted all possibles I think, Any idea?  I cannot change it as it is part of a client template to be used.  I simply want to change the number to 6 from 5.  any ideas?

JHauglie
    Community Member

I would guess that the image is a static vector image probably produced in some Adobe product (Illustrator?) and then processed through PhotoShop. While you can try to reverse-engineer that and make it a "6" with the same tools, I see at least three options:

First, contact your client's marketing or graphics team and ask them to generate the graphic with the numeral you want.

Second, take the "6th" object in whatever sequence of graphics you are working with, and screen-capture the numeral; then use that same screen-capture program (such as SnagIt) to manually create the graphic as you wish.

Third - and don't rule this out - redesign whatever you are working on so the "5th" item is indeed the normal 5th graphic. Given that your client has provided this graphic in this form, it's likely the most reasonable approach to leave it as it is.

You could also use the screen capture tool to edit out all of the numbers from all of the graphics in that series, and then use SL and manually add them back in the order you are trying to achieve.

iainanderson
      Community Member

Thanks. I have gone back to them as they are not logical. If it was a graphic, I could select it, but I cannot, and it does not seem to be two grouped graphic elements. It is very strange. I appreciate your time and response.

Nedim
    Community Member

It is strange. Any chance you can isolate this graphic or object into a separate .story file and upload it here so someone can take a better look?