Forum Discussion

LOrealB
Community Member
3 months ago

Color pallet issue

I'm preparing some historical projects for my website portfolio, and I noticed that in a couple of the (individual) Modules where the same custom color pallet was utilized, there are a few random slides where the color pallet slide theme branding was used, but the color pallet itself did not apply to the slide. I checked the slide layout and it appeared to be pulling from the custom theme, as did the color pallet, however the color display isn't consistent with the pallet. When I attempted to change the "layout" to another (blank), the color pallet still does not display. This issue appears to be occurring in more than one of the individual Modules. I'm stumped. What else can I check to resolve this display issue? Tks!

• You can change the colour pallet on the slide. Or saving a new one with the desired colours and apply.

It may just be the objects were not coloured from the pallet

LOrealB
    Community Member

The custom color pallet was created in the Slide Master, thus all the custom slide "layouts" have the same color pallet, thus the color pallet on the slide is not editable. (I reviewed everything related, and this wasn't a resolution, thus my post requested help.) The color pallet issue is with the theme backgrounds, not objects, thanks! I created a new slide (and pulled a custom layout from the Slide Master) and then copied all of the content to the new slide, which works, but all four Modules appear to have the same issue on random slides. This resolution is a quick "work-around," and I'd still like to know what caused the issue, if you can provide any additional Articulate 360 design insights. Thanks! 

PhilMayor
      Super Hero

Without seeing the slides it is difficult to say why.

You should be able to edit theme colours and at any time. If it is applied on a master or not.

I am not sure what you mean by theme backgrounds the colours will only be applied to shapes, fonts or textboxes maybe these were part of your background.

If you cannot post your slide then it maybe worth opening a support case, whatever is happening is not how the theming is meant to work.

Sent from my iPhone

LOrealB
        Community Member

I designed this solution the week Articulate 360 launch, and I'm guessing the files may be corrupted, so I'm going to submit and see what the team thinks. Thanks!

L'Oreal Battistelli
        Senior Instructional Design Consultant
        Creative Collab Designs
        e. loreal@ccd.global
        m. 1.949.432.0844
        a. California, USA (PST)

LOrealB
    Community Member

Wondering if the issue I'm experiencing is because the original file was published in 360, and I'm now republishing it in the X64 app? Another issue I'm experiencing the layout is on a custom color pallet theme, however the color pallet doesn't display correctly when reviewing the file. Odd. Tks!

LOrealB
    Community Member

: ) I figured it out! The issue can be resolved by deleting an unnecessary slide Master theme however it's still publishing darker than the theme when "reviewing" the slide. Still stumped.