Forum Discussion

DavidC-017df4ad
Community Member
9 years ago

Closed captions on video tutorials

I find the info and help here at elearning heros to be fantastic. The only thing I would suggest is that those making tutorial videos consider including captions. I am deaf and although I can get the drift of these videos by watching. Captions would take them to a new level.

• Hi David; thanks for the kind words!  The video tutorials in the Getting Started with Storyline series should give you the option to select closed captioning once you start playing the video:

If you click the CC down in the lower right corner, it will initiate captions that will look like this:  

For right now, the Studio '13 Getting Started video tutorials are hosted without the ability to select closed captioning.  I'm sorry for the trouble on that.  I brought this situation up to our community teams so that they can consider making that function accessible.

Thanks so much for sharing!

• Hi

I was wondering if there is any development on Captions available on video tutorials (as I see it was posted 4 years ago). I do hope so as many of our user will be Deaf.

• Hi Martin!

You're right, those videos and webinars don't have closed captioning options.

Not to worry, our training team will be able to provide a better option. Would you mind contacting them at training@articulate.com

I've already let them know that you'll be contacting them so they'll reply shortly after!

JennyFarrar
    Community Member

Could we please also have the option for CC to be ON from the beginning as a default option so that users have CC ON when they start and can turn it off if/when they decide  they don't need/want it on.

JoeFrancis
    Community Member

You can change the default value of the built-in variable Player.DisplayCaptions to TRUE. You can also add a trigger to the first slide which sets the value of the variable to TRUE when the course starts.

JennyFarrar
      Community Member

Thank You Joseph. Where do I find these settings?
      I would like the player to just always open and start with CC ON.

Not just display the CC icon which there is a check-box for in player settings,
      but have CC ON and displaying the actual captions from the get go.

JennyFarrar
    Community Member

Thank you everyone!
    Where can I set this as a default for every slide?