Forum Discussion

CaecilievonTeic
Community Member
3 years ago

Is it possible to turn on closed captions by default in Rise360?

Hi,

Is it possible to turn on closed captions by default in Rise360? After some user testing, we've realized that our learners fail to find the small caption button (or don't understand its function) and thus don't make use of the subtitles.

Therefore I'd like to turn this on by default but I can't find any setting to do so. 

Or does anyone have another idea on how to make people aware that subtitles are available?

Background: The majority of our learners are not native English speakers and therefore need captions for our videos (we don't have the budget to dub videos in multiple languages). In the past, we used videos with burnt-in subtitles but I'd rather use the CC functionality in Rise. 

• Yes. We need this as well.  We need the option for captions to be automatically on similar to how we can set the variable in Storyline to have captions on. Our company serves the Deaf and hard-of- hearing community.  We have Deaf employees creating content in Rise.

• Hi Caecille! Thanks for letting us know you need to turn on closed captions in videos automatically. This option isn't available in Rise but I'll make sure to add your voice to the request!

SunatthachaSing
      Community Member

Is there any progress on this ask? We have the exact same needs and would like to be able to turn the subtitles on by default.

• Same needs here and I guess there's the same need in each non-english speaking organization that uses real content templates. 

• It would be very interesting to get the default option for sub title.

The CC icon is not enough visible and clear for our users.

ZoranJancicdemo
      Community Member
      Claudie Lemasçon

It would be very interesting to get the default option for sub title.

The CC icon is not enough visible and clear for our users.

Exactly!

• We have the same issue with the default option. So it would be really helpful if this would be possible soon

Scooter
    Community Member

You can force the captions on and also which language with a Vimeo embed. Articulate Rise (and storyline) REALLY needs to add this ability. Been 2 years since the first request was put it. Help us help you Articulate.

Scooter
    Community Member

Ok, i see you can currently do this in storyline with a trigger. Rise needs the feature.