Forum Discussion

GiuliaCaravita
Community Member
10 months ago

Articulate Storyline - Change rename exported files

Is it possible to leave video/image renames in the source files' scorm packages?
I'll try to explain myself better.

When I export a SCORM package, Articulate changes the rename of the files (img, video...). Would it be possible to leave the renaming of the source files that I imported into the course?

• When you publish an Articulate course, the program gives unique names to the content. The file names used in the published content should not be changed.

• If you rename a file in the published content, the program won't be able to locate it, so it won't appear in the course.
    • Someone taking the course doesn't see the file names. In other words, the file names don't impact the content of the course.
    SteveTasker
    Community Member

It impacts our organisation, since our LMS (Success Factors) throws a hissy if the file path it's looking for exceeds 64 characters. Articulate uses about half of that just to rename a video file. I'd called them 'Vid 1' and 'Vid 2' - attached image shows how they've been renamed.

Is there any way to change the name then go into the 'back-end' and change it there, so the new file name will match what Articulate is looking for?