Forum Discussion

DigitalTrain624
Community Member
20 days ago

Using a variable score as the result to determine pass/fail for lms

Hi am trying to work out how to pass the variable score to be the pass/fail for an LMS to read.

I am doing an ongoing assessment where the user gets a point deducted from 100% for everyone wrong click (only going to the next slide when they do eventually find the correct hotspot) but i am having issues trying to find a way to pass the final total from the assessment to a result slide.

i have followed guide regarding passing a variable, but this is only marking it as 100% as its asked 1 survey question out of 1 which obviously is 100%.

I want to be able to overwrite the Quiz1.scorepoints or whatever it is with the final total. 

please help

wayne

• You cannot change the built in variables. It is possible to overwrite with Javascript. Or a bit more to create a single question with one hundred options and each has a shore associated with it.

• Hi Wayne,

This is something I do with system simulations to submit an incorrect clicks variable as the score for my scorm file.

This gives me a score between 0 and 100 for each user who attempts the activity.

At the end of each project I have a scene containing 9 True/False questions and a results slide.

Each question slide is worth a different number of points.

All of these points added together give a total possible score of 100.

On each of these question slides I set the correct value as true and add the following triggers to the slide:

(This shows the triggers for the question slide worth 40 points - the other slides would need the number 40 changing to the slide values and the TotalIncorrectClicks variable swapped with the variable you want to track.)

Each of these slides will automatically advance after a fraction of a second. I also add a rectangle on top of the question slide with text saying loading... so users don't see the slide content underneath.

My results slide contains scoring for all nine question slides and has a trigger to submit the results when the timeline starts. 

I also set the passing score for my quiz as 0% but this might be different for your use case.

After uploading the package to the LMS the value of the variable for each user will be shown as the score.

• Jordan's solution is simple without needing javascript, I think you can get all possible scores from those options