Forum Discussion

WhitneyLowe
Community Member
8 days ago

Rise 360 Output to PDF

I need to collate all my text content in a course into a pdf. When I use the export to PDF option from this Rise course it doesn't produce the full text content in the lesson modules and there are all kinds of formatting issues with graphics, flashcards and other elements in the course. 

Are there other settings I should be checking to get a bettet pdf output from a Rise course?

• Hello Whitney, 

Thanks for reaching out!

When exporting a Rise 360 course to PDF, the published output should closely resemble the source material. If you're seeing significant changes in the PDF output, please try publishing using a different browser or clearing your browser's cache before publishing to see if this helps. You can also export a translation file instead if you just need to see all of the text in your course.

If the issue persists, please open a case with our support team here to connect with a support engineer. 

KarlMuller
    Community Member

Hi Jose,

"When exporting a Rise 360 course to PDF, the published output should closely resemble the source material. "

This is not the case. Text blocks, mostly behave. But graphics, flashcards and other blocks can break oddly over two pages.

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hi Karl,

Thanks for sharing your experience with exporting PDFs. The odd page breaks are caused by Rise 360 laying out the entire course and dividing it into sections that fit the PDF size. I understand that this process sometimes causes pages to appear cut off. We do have an open feature request for "Allowing more control or clarity around page breaks for the Export to PDF option", I'll add this thread to the request so we can notify you if we have any updates to share!