Forum Discussion

SheilaBulthuis
Community Member
3 years ago

"Unable to connect" when trying to insert text-to-speech

Storyline has been behaving really erratically for me the last week, and now I've run into something that isn't resolved by uninstalling/reinstalling.

When I try to insert text-to-speech narration, I get a message that says "Unable to connect. Check your internet connection and try again." My internet connection is fine. So I uninstalled/reinstalled. The problem remains. 

Any ideas??

• I'm having the same problem - my internet connection is fine, but I'm getting that error: Unable to connect. Check your internet connection and try again.

JenniferSelf
    Community Member

Same issue at my company on multiple machines and connections.  Can you please advise when resolved, thanks!

• Hi everyone!

As promised, I'm reporting back to share that all services are operational! You can now use text-to-speech in Storyline 360.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you run into any issues. Thank you so much for being patient with us as we worked with our provider to resolve this issue.

LaurenConnelly
      Staff

Hi there, Mike. I'm so sorry about the snag!

We're hard at work on a fix for this as we speak. I'll circle back here to let you know as soon as we're back up and running!

For up-to-the-minute updates, please subscribe to our Articulate Status Page: https://www.articulatestatus.com/

• Hi all!

This issue has been resolved and we are back up and running! Please let us know if you run into similar issues.

Ange
    Community Member

It just started happening for me. I am unable to connect to text-to-speech. It was fine until an hour or two ago. Thank you!

• Hi Ange,

I'm so sorry the hear that you've hit this snag! I'm happy to help troubleshoot and have a few clarifying questions.

I hope this helps! If you need further assistance, please let us know here or privately in a support case!

JoseTansengco
        Staff

Hi Liz,

You received an alert from this ELH post because you posted a message here one year ago. You can click on the Subscribed button at the top of the page to unsubscribe from this thread. 

Let me know if you need anything else!

Ange
      Community Member

Thank you Kelly. No error message,  the text-to-speech option disappeared from the menu as an option.. I did a clean re-install and that seems to be working now. However, after the clean install  I did receive an error message saying "nullable..."  and I could not save the file. It appears that some master slides have become corrupted (all very odd)  as they were fine before the latest version install. I had to do a laborious and intensive fix to delete all the corrupted slides as the project was too long to rebuild from scratch.

LisaMaxfield
    Community Member

I am having the same issue. When I click on the option for Audio<Text-to-Speech I get this error below. I am on a work computer. Is it possible this is a firewall issue? 

EricSantos
      Staff

Hi Lisa!

I'm sorry you've hit this snag with Text-to-speech; I'm happy to help! I appreciate you sharing the screenshot.

Please get in touch with your IT team to ensure the domains listed here are accessible on port 443. This process should resolve the issue you're experiencing.

If you see something different and repairing your Storyline installation doesn't improve things, could I have you connect with us in a case so we can determine what's happening? We'll reach out soon after we hear from you!