Forum Discussion

JoseAGomes
    Community Member

Thank you, Nathan...
    But as it is storyline doesn't make any sense...
    I did all the triggers for the drag-and-drop interaction.
    When I finished I realized that it would be nice to add something once all the triggers were finished and now the trigger for adding that stays on the top and doesn't work since it is on top and it is the first.
    Before we could rearrange the triggers to any desired position.
    So if I decide to do something after having created a lot of triggers I'll have to delete everything and put the last trigger first because I can't move them around...
    It just doesn't make sense.
    there must be something wrong with my approach or storyline just made things a lot harder

Nathan_Hilliard
      Community Member

If I need something to happen after a bunch of other things complete, I will typically use a flag variable and toggle it to indicate it's time (e.g., toggling a true/false value). I add another trigger to watch for the variable change, and then do whatever is needed. This way, it doesn't matter where the trigger lands in the list, it just happens when it's called for.

• As you can see from the trigger list, the triggers are in groups and sub-groups. The order of triggers within a sub-group can generally be rearranged, but not always. Sometimes a prticular trigger will automatically just come before or after another. Trigger groups and sub-groups also have this precedence. One group of triggers willl just come before another by design. Sub-groups are often alphbetical, and groups are just organized by type. These cannot be rearranged. As a whole, they just fire in order, from top to bottom. If the order does not support what you are trying to do, then you may have to rethink your approach and try different logic. Sometimes you can get similar results using different trigger types.