Forum Discussion

BrigitteDenton-
Community Member
3 months ago

Storyline Video Interaction Cue Point Issue

Hi,

I am working on embedding interactions into a video I inserted (from file) into Storyline. I have four interactions as layers. I can get the first layer to pop up at cue #1. However, the program is not recognizing cue #2, #3, and #4. 

I have tried the following troubleshooting tactics:

• Using "time" instead of "cue points"
  • Adding "pause" triggers in Base Layer
  • Adding a trigger within a layer to advance to the next cue point where the next layer is supposed to show. This works....but advances the video to that point. The learner needs to be able to see the video between the cue points.
  • Selecting various visibility options in the layer properties.
  • Selecting "Dialog" and "Layer" as behavior options in the layer properties.
  • Selecting "Label" and "Description" options in the layer properties.

At a loss at this point. Attached is my troubleshooting Storyline file with the video slide.

Thank you in advance for your help!

• You need to control the media AND the base layer timeline.  Remove the video controls from the media. These controls act independently of the timeline.  Use the seekbar in the Player instead.

On the base layer have three triggers. One each to show the respective layer based on cue points on the timeline.

On each layer have three triggers:

• Pause media when the timeline starts on the layer
    • Play media when the user clicks the Continue button
    • Hide the layer when the user clicks the Continue button

Set the layer properties to:

• Either Layer or Dialog based upon your preference
    • Hide other layers
    • Prevent user from clicking the other layers
    • Pause timeline of base layer

Users can control the video playback by clicking the video and toggling between pause and play. If they click the video it will pause, but the timeline continues. To prevent this put a solid shape set to 100% transparent completely covering the video, effectively creating a "mask".

Note: A solid shape set to "No Fill" will not create a mask. It is no longer solid with no fill. 

See the attached file.

• Hi Brigitte,

Thanks for reaching out!

I see that you’ve reached out to our Support Engineers and are working with my teammate, Mick. It looks like they've sent you an updated file for your review. Please let Mick know in your support case if you have any questions!