Forum Discussion

CarlaBoucher
Community Member
2 months ago

States not showing correctly

Hi there, 

I am having difficulty with a slide in Storyline360. There is a baselayer where there is 5 clickable images each opening a new layer. On each of the layers I have various blocks that needs to be clicked on and then shows text. 

Although ive gone through all triggers and states I cant seem to find why it would show 3 of the 8 blocks of text and then doesnt show the others clicked on. Seems to also differ depending on the blocks clicked on first when I try again. Is there a limit on the interactions on each layer?

• When an object has a Normal and a Selected state, it will automatically change to Selected when it is clicked. You don't need a trigger to have that happen. 

It looks like your rectangles aren't part of a button set. That means they all stay Selected when clicked once. And that means the extra content in the Selected states will overlap. Whichever is higher on the Timeline will obstruct the ones below it. 

If that's the case, the solution is to put all the rectangle into a button set, so that only one Selected state will show at a time. 

BTW, I also recommend giving interactive objects meaningful names. It's easier to troubleshoot when the name tells you something about the object (instead of just seeing Rectangle 2, Rectangle 3, and similar default names).

CarlaBoucher
      Community Member

You saved me bigtime Judy! Thank you so much. Simply using a button set solved the issue. I went through that content as i've never used it before. Going to assist me in future a great deal. 

Thank you again.