Forum Discussion

SaraGLMPR
Community Member
10 years ago

Slide triggers/Conditional triggers

I have a slide that has a "mission accomplished" audio and graphics on it. Ideally the learner wouldn't click on this slide in the menu item until they have visited all the slides they're supposed to. Now, I don't want to restrict the menu. So, I thought I'd add a layer to the slide that has a "not quite yet" text box on it. The layer would play, when the timeline starts on the slide, given certain conditions (i.e. house1 is False (not visited) OR house 2 is False and so on).

When I test the course, Storyline behaves as expected only the first time I access the slide: the layer will play immediately (basically skipping the slide content which says mission accomplished). And the conditions dictate that the next button take the learner to a particular starting point. But when I leave the slide, and come back to it again without having met the conditions, the layer displays but this time the audio of the base/slide also plays. So, basically the conditional trigger works fine the first time the slide is accessed but not the subsequent times.  What am I doing wrong?

PaulRobere
    Community Member

I have a client that does not want the training course to proceed unless the student has 100% on a test.  I have a restricted menu (also a customer requirement), but I can't find a conditional trigger on my "results" slide that would allow the user to only advance if they passed the test.  Looking for any recommendations

• Hi, Paul.

Thank you for reaching out!

There are a couple of different ways you can accomplish what you're looking to do:

Method #1

When you insert a Results slide, a few built-in variables are created for you:

Windows 10 (1) 2021-11-08 at 12.01.18 PM

Results.ScorePercent is the user's score in percentage. You can add a trigger that checks to make sure the variable equals 100. For example:

Windows 10 (1) 2021-11-08 at 12.03.40 PM

Method #2

On your Quiz settings (Result Tools > Design > Quiz Settings), adjust the passing score to 100%.

Windows 10 (1) 2021-11-08 at 12.04.15 PM

You can then use your Success layer to allow the user to move forward.

I hope this helps!

PaulRobere
      Community Member

Maria and Team:

Firstly, thank you for your response. Late yesterday, I found what I thought was the solution to my problem, which was confirmed by your response today.

The “E-Learning Heroes” is perhaps one of the strongest support features of the Articulate 360 Platform. It’s nice to know that there are others out “there” who take to the time to respond.

Thank you again.

Regards,

Dr. Paul Robere, President

Robere & Associates (Thailand) Ltd. (Head Office)

36/71 PS Tower Building 21st Floor,

Sukhumvit 21 Road(Asoke) Klongtoey Nuea, Wattana

Bangkok 10110

Tel: 66 (0)2258-5619

Fax: 66 (0)2258-5693

Mobile: 660819344978

TaxID: 0105535164827

CREATING LASTING QUALITY PARTNERSHIPS IN ASIA SINCE 1991”

CONTACT US AT: mailto:info@robere.com

VISIT US AT: WWW.ROBERE.COM

• Glad to hear it, Paul. I appreciate you chiming back in with an update.

Your email signature came through when you replied via email. You can remove that if needed by clicking ‘Edit’ beneath your response. Here’s a quick Peek video if you need help.