Forum Discussion

JohanGrobler-23
Community Member
15 days ago

Rise 360 Tab Interaction with embed videos

Good day Community!

I am using Rise 360 with the Tab Interaction, 4 tabs - each with a unique (iframe) embedded video (from our company MS Sharepoint shared folder) that contain audio.

Everything works fine, unless you move to the next tab before the current tabs' video is finished playing. Then you see the next tab video with the remaining video audio of the previous plus current tabs video audio. (meaning.. mutiple audio streams playing...)

There seems to be no "auto stop current tab" when moving to the next tab?

Has anyone experienced this before, or know of a solution?

Many thanks!

• Hello JohanGrobler-23

Thanks for reaching out. I was unable to replicate this behavior on my end. Here's a quick Peek where I used Publicly available Youtube videos. I'd like to learn a bit more about your current setup:

• Could you please share if you're experiencing this in preview or in a published output? 
    • What browser are you currently using? Do you notice a difference if you switch browsers when viewing your course? 
    • Could you please share more details about the videos you're using? You mentioned using videos from a Sharepoint Drive.
      • Do you experience this same behavior if you insert a publicly available YouTube video? 

It would be helpful to examine this behavior more closely in a screen recording. Feel free to upload to this thread or privately in a support case

Looking forward to hearing from you! 

JohanGrobler-23
      Community Member

Hello LucianaPiazza
      Thanks for getting back to me.

For some reason I am not able to capture the video audio with Peek?
      https://360.articulate.com/review/content/3d6b6911-9095-4ab8-bb2f-979883eaac19/review
      The videos are edited PPT video exports, adding music to the video file with Premier Pro - and saving the exported file to our company shared Sharepoint.

I am experiencing the issue in Preview and Review - with both Chrome (Version 129.0.6668.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)) as well as IE Browser (Version 129.0.2792.79 (Offizielles Build) (64-Bit)).

I then also used a Youtube music video, and placed this tab between the other tabs - and had the same issue.
      I also tested the Embed code with the option "do not auto play" - but this had no effect.

If it will be useful, I can send review link of actual course, this I would need to do outside of forum due to company IP :)

Many thanks,
      Johan

StevenBenassi
        Staff

Hi JohanGrobler-23!

Thanks for sharing the additional details! Happy to jump in here!

Following the steps in your recording, I used an iframe code from a YouTube video, and was able to replicate the same experience. However, when using a standard URL link, as my teammate Luciana did, the audio stops as expected when switching tabs. I've opened a support case on your behalf so our support engineers can take a closer look into this behavior.

You're in great hands with them, and they should be following up with you via e-mail shortly!