KarlManning-f1e
Community Member
2 months ago

Storyline looping videos only loops once

Hi,

Storyline version v3.90.32893.0.

I am using a trigger 

Play video Video1 when Video1 completes

Previously, this looped the video indefinitely. Now it plays the video twice only.
All the information on looping says to use this trigger. I assumed it was a fault/corruption in my current project. Opened one from this time last year which does loop on the live version, republished it, and it now plays back twice only.

It would seem that this is either a bug or the functionality has changed.

So, how do I loop a video continuously now!

Thanks

• Hello Karl and Sébastien, 🎉

I have some great news to share! We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Update 91, we’ve included important fixes and new features. One of the bugs we’ve fixed:

• Videos didn’t loop when designed to do so

Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer to take advantage of this update, and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You’ll find our step-by-step instructions here.

I’m sorry to hear about the trouble this regression caused, Sébastien. This situation sometimes happens when changes are made to the code, but rest assured, we work to correct the problem as soon as possible to minimize the impact.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have additional questions.

• Hello Karl and Sébastien, 🎉

I have some great news to share! We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Update 91, we’ve included important fixes and new features. One of the bugs we’ve fixed:

• Videos didn’t loop when designed to do so

Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer to take advantage of this update, and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You’ll find our step-by-step instructions here.

I’m sorry to hear about the trouble this regression caused, Sébastien. This situation sometimes happens when changes are made to the code, but rest assured, we work to correct the problem as soon as possible to minimize the impact.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have additional questions.

Seb-Daubert
      Community Member

hoping that it doesn't break again on a new future update...

• Hi Karl,

Sorry to hear that you ran into this issue. 

I can confirm that this is a bug we are currently monitoring. A workaround we've identified is to downgrade your installation to Update 89.  I've added this ELH post to the bug report so we can notify you as soon as a fix is released and we're really sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Seb-Daubert
    Community Member

This bug was reported by the teams of my company some time ago, it was corrected on one version, then the bug reappeared on another version, I wonder how the devellopers have so much regression in the tracking bug.