Forum Discussion

VijeyraghavanPa
Community Member
10 months ago

Regarding Drag and Drop

Hi am new to storyline and trying to create drag and drop as a sample.

what I want to achieve is, to drag the green one, option 1 and 3 into the blue box then I need to have both the options shown, in my case when i drag drop the option 3, the option 1 is moving out. I need to show both option 1 and option 3. I am attaching the storyline project

• Hello Vijeyraghavan Parthasarathy,

Happy to help!

You'll need to uncheck this option in the 'Drag & Drop Options' section if you would like to have more than one item in the drop target zone at any given time:

Here's an article for more information on how to use Drag and Drop interactions for your reference. 

Let me know if you need anything else!

• I was able to do with the help of your guidance.

Now I want to drag - drop the incorrect option, it should come back to the original position.

How to do it.

Attaching the updated file

• I am able to drop multiple objects now. Thanks.

If I place the incorrect once in the blue box, It must go back to the place from where it was dragged. I tried implementing but unable to proceed need guidance.

I am attaching the updated file here, for your reference.

• Hello Vijeyraghavan Parthasarathy,

You can remove the 'Drop Target' for the incorrect answers to force them to snap back to their original places when you drop them on the blue box. 

This is due to this setting forcing the shapes back to their default positions after recognizing the incorrect shapes as being dropped outside of a correct zone: 

Let me know if this works for you!

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hello Vijeyraghavan Parthasarathy,

Looks like you weren't able to apply the changes that I mentioned in my previous response to your most recent project file. I'd recommend testing out my suggestion and letting me know if this is how you'd like your slide to behave. 

You can also share more details regarding the interactions that you are hoping to see on the slide or other community members or myself can share more suggestions and recommendations that might work for you. Some details that you can share that might be helpful are on how you'd like the 'Incorrect' layer on the slide to appear. 

Also, I wanted to invite you to our tips and tricks webinars. Once each month at 11 am ET, our training team hops on a live call to answer top questions from our customers.

It's super casual (and they're super smart!), so it's a great place to get expert tips and answers to frequently asked questions from our online community. In short, everything you need to create incredible online learning! You can register for the next call here: https://articulate.fyi/3ZiKgu9

And don't worry if you can't make it, because everyone who registers will get a recording sent to them afterward! There's also a huge list of on-demand past trainings available.

Hope to see you there!