Forum Discussion

MaryGoeman
Community Member
8 years ago

Open ended questions

I need a free text form question field.  For someone to enter in their name and other info.  More like a survey.

• Hello Mary, 

There are currently no "form field" type options in any of the Rise prebuilt lessons. If this is a feature you'd love to have, please submit a Feature Request.

All the best!

MaryGoeman
    Community Member

Thanks - I submitted a request for a guestbook feature that would collect information and report to a LMS very similar to a quiz.

• I agree that this is a useful feature... I am trying to create a mobile workbook and without the open-ended responses, this product is essentially useless. I will fill out a feature request as well, but I am dubious that they will actually get to it as other practical features that I have suggested have been requested for years now by several people without any movement....

• agree this would be a great addition. I want people to come up with ideas themselves and at the end be able to print a PDF of their responses. 

Crystal-Horn
      Staff

Hi Samantha! Thanks for adding your voice. We are still tracking this request for a text-entry type of interaction. We'll update this discussion if we make any changes.

AmberMiles
    Community Member

I agree this would be very helpful. I tried using the "Fill in the blank" question. But it's not very effective because it always tells them their answer is incorrect. 

SueWallis
    Community Member

Hi Is there any progress with this feature? It would be really useful for our courses.Thanks

DeborahDuffy
    Community Member

Hi. Could I build a free form module in Storyline 360 and then insert into Rise 360?

• Hi Deborah! Yes, you can design an open-ended question in Storyline 360 and embed it in Rise 360 using a Storyline block. Just keep in mind that you won't be able to see how the learners responded to the Storyline block open-ended question. 

DeborahDuffy
      Community Member

Oh that's a shame as we do need to see their response. I will incorporate the questions in the feedback questions then. Thanks