Forum Discussion

DianneOspina-82
Community Member
3 years ago

New Rise User

I am developing my 1st Rise course (yea!!).  In my first lesson, I want to provide a course navigation using a labeled graphic.  I am developing a quick "course" to use for my image, but I am noticing on that course and the actual course, there a couple of issues when I preview.  I know this is a basic question, but I am not seeing how to get my cover image to sweep over to the left and stay in the upper left corner.  Also, the red line in the lessons does not move with the % of lessons completed (is all the way across for each lesson).  What am I doing wrong?  Thank you. 

hkanstrm
    Community Member

There is no measurements in anything that you do using labeled graphics. Only completion for scrolling past the block will give you the progress indication. That's true for most blocks. Exception is the specific quiz lesson. That measures score.

Since you are new, you will find out that nothing is a "basic question" and that will be the Rise journey for you, What you consider basics may very well be missing.

To have the functionality you look for, you may have to go to storyline and build the interaction there , publish to review and add a storyline block in rise and then add the Storyline file from review.. Or work outside Articulate all together where the rise type ease of use functionality and storyline features list have merged.

The more you learn of rise , the more you learn of the need / "benefits" to combine Storyline and rise. That will of course effect the learning curve for your productions. Rise is a 10 minute basics, Storyline is at least 10 days.. for the basics. But once you are past the initial learning curve, you have plenty of space to grow as a developer and storyline will grow with you for a long time.

But if you are thinking that rise will do it all, then you may have looked at to much marketing videos and you are in for a reality check that might sting a bit. But with storyline , you can do just about anything, but requires a lot more work then what you come to expect from using rise.

• Hi Dianne!

Instead of creating your own quick course, you can use one of the prebuilt courses available in Rise 360! 

Prebuilt courses have a cover image that should "sweep to the left" when you start the first lesson. You'll also notice the progress bar slowly extends to the right as you scroll down to reveal more content in a lesson.

To create a prebuilt course, simply click the New Course button, then choose one of the courses from the library.

Give that a try, and let us know how it works out!

• Hi Alyssa,

Thank you so much.  I did try originally with prebuilt course (HR NEO), but that did not work as easy as expected.  

I finally finished my course and it turned out really nice, really like Rise!  The only issue I am having now is sharing it for review with Stakeholders who do not have Rise. I originally sent a link to 2 members and they were able to comments, but I am trying to do that again and can't get the comment feature to work (see attached image).  The link that I copy is just a link to the course, the comment field is no longer visible.  Any suggestions?  

KarlMuller
      Community Member

Hi Dianne,

If you want stakeholders to leave comments, you need to use the REVIEW tab in your course, and publish your Course to Review 360.