Forum Discussion

CarrieHethering
Community Member
9 months ago

Making a presentation MAGICALLY APPEAR

Hi everyone!

I'm so stuck right now - this is the first time we're using Storyline and it's been wonderful so far. However, yes, there is a but. My boss has given me a document that is apparently a 'translation' from an old presentation, from a few years ago. 

She thinks that you can press the magical translate button and you can upload the document, and it will re-create the entire presentation for you. I've tried so many times but all I get is 'successful with 5 exceptions'...and nothing appears. The tables columns are labelled ID, type, source text, and translation.

So.....is it possible to use this document to re-create a presentation?

ANY HELP is appreciated!!!

• What kind of Document?  What kind of “translation”? One language to another? one software app to another? one html table to another? or?

If you have an old SL presentation, and want to upgrade it, you need the .story file, not the published file. In fact, for almost any app you are using, if it has been exported or published, it is not likely to be in the format you can edit it.

Short answer is probably not, but it might depend on the specific details of what you are trying to do.