Forum Discussion

KandiceKidd-b4a
Community Member
2 years ago

Lost Storyline File

Hi,

I can't find for the life of me a SL interaction I published in Rise. I last published it on 8/26/23. I'm dying because I could have sworn I saved it as a scene with all other interactions for this course. Is there a way I can open an earlier version of my file?

KandiceKidd-b4a
      Community Member

Hi Joe,

No, I actually can't find a SL interaction I created within a SL file. The last time I tinkered with it I uploaded it to Rise.  

• If you don't have backups. Is it on a corporate machine suing Sharepoint? You may be able to revert. Also windows explorer may have another copy right click and choose version history.

• Hi Kandice,

In addition to what Phil suggested, you can try searching in your temp files. Here's how:

1. Open this folder in Windows Explorer: %appdata%\Articulate\Storyline.
    2. Scan the contents of this folder for a .story file
    3. If you find the file, copy it to your desktop (if you find more than one, copy the latest version).
    4. Change the file extension of the copy on your desktop from *.tmp to *.story.
    5. Double-click the file to open it in Storyline.

We do recommend working on and saving projects to your local hard drive (typically your C: drive) to avoid erratic behavior. Here's a resource with tips to reduce the risk of file corruption that may be helpful.

If you have any questions, please let us know!