Forum Discussion

Sarah-BethFr290
Community Member
5 months ago

Looking for feedback on Course Start Slide

How do you all introduce your courses? What do you communicate before getting into the course itself. Navigation etc. Here is a sample start slide. I'd like feedback on its features and function. I'm also looking for advise on how to use the previous button from a slide layer to go back to its base layer. Is that possible?  Here's the demo:

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/dff0d159-2738-4432-a2d3-93d77f7dc93c/review 

• It is helpful to indicate whether or not a course includes audio, since that might require action (e.g., plugging in headphones). 

Your other instructions are nicely presented. I think it's good that they're optional. However, they're only available on the first slide. What if someone starts the course, and then realizes they need help?

Re: using the PREV button to close a layer.

• That is possible. For example, you could use a T/F variable to track whether or not the user is on a layer. Then use a condition in the PREV-button trigger so it closes this layer if the variable = True, else it jumps to the previous slide. 
    • I recommend against doing that. The PREV button has a defined function: jumping to the previous slide. It goes against UI standards to use it for other purposes.