Forum Discussion

JenniferPetr619
Community Member
2 months ago

Feedback text not listed in Player Text Labels

I am using Storyline 360. I would like to change the default feedback text for my incorrect and try again layers. All of the information I've found says that this is changed in Text Labels in the Player dialog. I've looked through every line of the Player Text Labels list and cannot find anything related to Correct, Incorrect, or Try Again feedback.

I have 300-500 slides to edit for a lengthy software process simulation. It is not efficient to edit the feedback individually. Can anyone think of a reason why these text labels would be missing from the list if this is where the default labels are supposed to be changed?

• One of this year's earlier updates of Storyline had a bug that impacted the Text Labels. The bug somehow deleted some of the items from the Text Labels list. Unfortunately, that included the text associated with question feedback. 

When I initially contacted the staff about it, they said this: "To fix it, click the Save icon to save an XML file of the English Player Text Labels." That somehow resets the list. 

The bug was fixed in a more recent update. So upgrading to the most recent version should also solve the issue.

JenniferPetr619
      Community Member

Thank you! We had an issue with project variable text not displaying correctly after the most recent update, so I've been reluctant to install it. The variables are there now. Which is kind of funny because I did absolutely nothing to fix it! Ah, Storyline! You keep my life so interesting!

JenniferPetr619
      Community Member

Thank you, Jürgen! All 189 entries present and accounted for today!