Forum Discussion

AlanWagman
Community Member
4 years ago

Importing Powerpoint

When I am trying to import a PowerPoint presentation to storyline, I am receiving an error message that states Exception during Import Powerpoint.  The value must be between 0 and 21600000.  Parameter name: value.  That is followed by a bunch of error statements. 

Can anyone provide some insight?

• Hello
    I just had the problem regarding this topic. After receiving the message quoted above or similar the import is done but the text is imported as an image. I changed the font and it's still the same. The file is PPTX I saved it in PPS in case it came from there without result. I renamed the file and it's still the same. I have a file that is made by the same person who accompanies the first and for it it works. So it would come from a drawing or a symbol that would not be recognized by articulate? Is this confirmed?
    Thanks
    Jean Marc
      JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hello Jean Marc,

Sorry to hear that you ran into this behavior. 

Try importing your slides one at a time using PowerPoint's Reuse Slides feature to see if doing so allows the content to be imported properly. 

You can try toggling the Use source formatting option to get better results.

If the issue persists, reach out to our support team and share your presentation file with them so we can take a look at why your PowerPoint slides are not importing correctly. 

• Hello
    So far I'm still at the same point. The text is imported as an image. reuse slides is inefficient and as for use source formatting I am still looking for where it is in powerpoint. I will try to continue my investigations but after two hours I must admit that I saturate a little.
  • Hello
    For the moment I must say that I remain quite skeptical about my powerpoint import into articulate. By dint of trying I realized that some texts are indeed considered as text while others are put in the form of an image. As for the moment the project is not validated, I am asked to leave it at that. In my spare time I copy the text from powerpoint and paste it in place of the image.
      LaurenConnelly
      Staff

Thanks for the update, Jean! We are happy to troubleshoot this with you if you'd like to share your PowerPoint file with us. You can share it in this discussion or privately in a support case.