Forum Discussion

JHauglie
    Community Member

This feature would be a great request. But I don't think it's presently available. 

• You can use the media library to view all of the audio files in a list. Select one. The caption file will be shown at the right. Click on the adjacent Edit Captions button and you can export the caption file, with its original filename. Repeat. These are in .vtt format. This is mildly tedious, but straightforward.

Alternatively, you can manualy extract all of the caption files at once (in vtt format) from the .story project file. There may be more than one tool for this, but I will use the 7-Zip File Manager (a file compression tool). It is free to download and install.

Note: Unfortunately, the caption files will have Storyline assigned names. You will need to view the contents to identify which is which. You can open them in a caption editor or in a text viewer, like notepad or something similar. Renaming these is also tedious, so I not sure if it is better or worse than the media library approach.

1. First, make a copy of your project file so you don't accidentally delete anything inside of it
    2. Install 7-Zip and open the 7-Zip File Manager
    3. Open the copied project file (.story)

4. Open the story folder and then the media folder

5. You will see a list of media (images, audio, captions, etc.)

6. Click on one of the caption files to highlight it (.vtt file)
    7. Go to Edit -> Select by Type on the menu bar

8. All of those files will get selected

9. Go to File -> Copy To on the menu bar
    10. Use the ... button to create a new folder for your extracted files

11. The files will be copied from the Storyline project into your selected folder