Forum Discussion

AbleVentures
Community Member
3 years ago

Frequent crashes when previewing

Hi,

I've been using Articulate for a while, whenever I publish in Articulate software itself or to the LMS, it crashes.

I've got so frustrated because of this problem. I'm working on a close deadline and on an important file. 

Sometimes not only when publishing. The software crashes frequently.

Things I've tried till now:

1. Uninstalling and installing the latest storyline

2. Installing and working on other versions.

3. Importing the file to a new file and publishing.

4. Rebooting my entire windows as well.

Please help me with a solution.

• Hi Able and welcome to E-Learning Heroes!

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having and good work on the troubleshooting you've already completed.

The next best step would be to open a case with our Support team and one of our fantastic engineers can assist!

• I am having the same issue after today's update. I did all of the same steps as above with no luck. I too, have submitted a support ticket. It is impossible to use Storyline in this state.

AAlexStreczyn-W
      Community Member

I have been having constant constant problems since the last update, too. Can Simeone help me, too?  

RABritt
        Community Member

I would look at fonts. I switched to the Articulate font, and I stopped crashing.

RABritt
    Community Member

I have been battling this for AGES! Bought a new laptop and it still happened. It was a font. Seriously.

I switched from our corporate font to Articuate and it ran fine all day. Redid it with the Segoe (even though they say it's fixed) and it immediately crashed on preview.

• Hi Angela and Rebecca, 👋

Thank you both for reaching out in this thread!

Angela- I see that you've opened a case and have been working with our colleague Mcgem. You're in great hands! If any other questions come up we can continue the conversation over in your support case! Happy to help!

Rebecca- Thanks for sharing what machine you're currently working on. I'd like to share the troubleshooting steps Mcgem shared with Angela in her case. Feel free to give them a go and let us know if you are still running into this snag. 

Here are the steps:

Please follow these steps to remove all Articulate 360 files and registry keys from your computer so we can start completely fresh:

1) Close the Articulate 360 desktop app by right-clicking the Articulate icon in your computer's system tray (by the clock) and choosing "Quit."

2) Go to your Control Panel and uninstall all Articulate 360 apps, including the Articulate 360 desktop app, Peek 360, Replay 360, Storyline 360, and Studio 360.

3) Download and extract this zip file on your computer: http://articulate-360-kb.s3.amazonaws.com/360cleanup.zip

4) Right-click the 360cleanup.bat file and choose "Run as administrator." The script should only take a few seconds to remove all the Articulate files and registry keys from your computer.

5) Reboot your computer.

6) Download the latest Articulate 360 desktop app here: https://360.articulate.com/downloads

7) Right-click the articulate-360.exe file and choose "Run as administrator."

8) Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app and click "Install" beside each authoring app you want to install.

9) Reboot your computer and test your Articulate apps.

I hope this helps! Please let us know if any other questions come up!

Hope you both have a wonderful holiday season! 🎉

RABritt
      Community Member

It was the font. I did follow all the steps, multiple times. It was the font.

• Hi Rebecca!

Thanks for following up and sharing the feedback!

Glad to hear switching fonts resolved the crashing behavior. If you run into any setbacks moving forward please let us know!