Forum Discussion

RichardVarner-e
Community Member
4 years ago

Audio Skipping

I am uploading audio files in the mp3 format to my slides in Storyline 360. I then  use the Audio Editor to edit out all the errors. When I try to add captions, the audio skips. 

I did some research and I have read that it can take some time for the edited audio to be ready for deployment. 

I recently did this with positive results and I was able to add captions. However, when I previewed the item, I got skipping audio again. 

Richard V.

• Hi Richard!

Thanks for writing in and opening a case with our Engineers as well.

It looks like my teammate, Ronaziel, is having trouble recreating the experience, but have no fear — the questions she asked will help us get closer to where the culprit lies.

You're in good company!

• I'm having the same problem. Was this ever resolved?

My issue is that my audio is fine, except when adding the captions. It skips and throws off the timing of my captions. When I preview the slide, the audio plays correctly but the captions are out of synch.

LaurenConnelly
      Staff

Hello Kelly!

I looked at Richard's case, and we weren't able to replicate the issue on our end. We are happy to take a look at your file to see what might be causing the syncing issues. I'd recommend connecting with our Support Engineers in a support case for in-depth troubleshooting.